One Second Faster
Unanimously acclaimed by critics and sought after by bikers from every corner of the globe, the RSV4 has always been the undisputed segment representative, the reference point for sportiness and performance, the best example of what can be achieved by exploiting the valuable experience of a victorious Racing Department like Aprilia's which, in its brief history has taken 54 championship titles. Skill s honed on the track and transferred to the factory product to provide everyone with the same excitement that the motorbikes prepared by Aprilia Racing do. The primary goal followed during development of the new Aprilia RSV4 (in both available versions, RSV4 RR and RSV4 RF) is, as always, only one: to be the fastest superbike in the segment. In order to achieve it, Aprilia drew from the best Aprilia Racing technology, refining the already exceptional RSV4 in many aspects, such as electronics, suspension and brakes. Thanks in part to the work done on the powerplant, now compliant with the Euro 4 regulation, without sacrificing anything in terms of power and range of use, the new RSV4 is one second faster than the previous version on average
- Engine: Aprilia V4 65°, 4-stroke, liquid cooled, double overhead camshaft /DOHC), four valves per cylinder. Ride By Wire with 3 engine mappings (Sport, Race, Track).
- Displacement: 999.6 cc
- Max. Power At Crankshaft: 201 hp (148 kW) @ 13,000 rpm
- Max. Torque At Crankshaft: 84.8 ft. lb. (115 Nm) @ 10,500 rpm
- Exhaust System: 4 into 2 into 1 layout, single oxygen sensor, lateral single silencer with engine control unit-controlled butterfly valve and integrated catalytic converter.
- Electronics: APRC (Aprilia Performance Ride Control) system including (ATC )traction control, (AWC) wheelie control, (ALC) launch control, (AQS) quick shifter with auto-blipper, (ACC) cruise control, (APL) pit limiter, cornering ABS, all Independently settable and de-selectable. V4-MP 2.0 as standard.
- Gearbox: 6-speed cassette type gearbox with slipper clutch.
- Lubrication: Wet sump lubrication system with oil radiator and two oil pumps (lubrication and cooling).
- Clutch: Multiplate wet clutch with mechanical slipper system. AQS Aprilia Quick Shift electronic system with autoblipper electronic downshift assistance.
- Frame: Aluminium dual beam chassis with pressed and cast sheet elements.
- Steering Damper: Öhlins adjustable steering damper.
- Front Suspension: Öhlins NIX upside-down fork, 43 mm fork body Adjustable spring preload, independant rebound and compression. 120 mm wheel travel.
- Rear Suspension: Aluminum alloy swingarm with progressive linkages. Öhlins TTX 36 single shock absorber with remote reservoir, adjustable spring preload, independantly adjustable compression and rebound. 120 mm wheel travel.
- Front Brake: 330 mm floating double disc with aluminum carrier. Brembo M50 4-piston mono-block radial calipers. Radial pump and steel braided brake lines.
- Rear Brake: 220mm disc. Brembo 32 mm 2 isolated piston caliper. Rear brake pump with integrated reservoir and steel braided lines.
- ABS System: C-ABS Bosch 9.1MP, de-selectable, adjustable to 3 mappings, with RLM (Rear wheel Lift-up Mitigation) strategy.
- Front Wheel: 3.5 in. x 17 in. forged aluminum alloy wheel, fully machined, with 5 double spokes.
- Front Tire: Radial tubeless - 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Wheel: 6 in. x 17 in. forged aluminum alloy wheel, fully machined, with 5 double spokes.
- Rear Tire: Radial tubeless - 200/55 ZR 17
- Max. Length: 80.5 in. (2055 mm)
- Wheelbase: 56.5 in. (1435 mm)
- Max Width: 29 in. (735 mm) at the handlebar.
- Max. Height: 44 in. (1120 mm)
- Seat Height: 33 in. (840 mm)
- Dry Weight: 397 lb. (180 kg)
- Wet Weight: 450 lb. (204 kg)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.9 gal. - 1 gal. reserve (18.5 L - 4 L reserve)
- Warranty: All 2015 and newer Aprilia Motorcycles include a 2-year unlimited-mileage warranty. *Limits are outlined in the warranty booklet. See dealer for details.
- Approval: EPA, CARB, Transport Canada
***Prop 65 Warning: Operating, servicing and maintaining a motorcycle or off-highway motor vehicle can expose you to chemicals including engine exhaust, carbon monoxide, phthalates and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. To minimize exposure, avoid breathing exhaust, do not idle the engine except as necessary, service your vehicle in a well ventilated area and wear gloves or wash your hands frequently when servicing your vehicle. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov/passenger-vehicle.