You Save $1497!
$0.00 OEM Rebate
$1497 MSM Discount
$8902 On Sale Price + Tax, License, Documentation, Destination and added markup.
We take Trades! We want to buy your current motorcycle, UTV, ATV or other recreation vehicle. Give our sales team a call to discuss how we can get you out of your current vehicle and into a brand new one, 951-687-1300.
“On Sale Price” does not include taxes, government fees, CA tire recycling fee, OEM transportation charges, electronic filing charges, finance charges or additional dealer markup (ADM*). Final vehicle sale price may vary and depends on all of these factors.
If you have any specific pricing questions please call us at 951-687-1300
*ADM can include, but is not limited to: freight, assembly, service, dealer insurance, flooring, facility expense and other costs were applicable.
The FX 450 offers class leading performance in a lightweight, capable package. All aspects are designed to offer exceptional performance in conjunction with rider comfort and ergonomics making the FX 450 equally appealing to amateur and professional off-road riders alike. Traction control, map select and WP AER 48 forks are just a few of the standard features which ensure the FX 450 embodies premium quality and feel.
- Engine: The SOHC engine is the perfect example of the advanced engineering techniques used by Husqvarna motorcycles offering a peak power of 63 hp at an overall weight of just 61.3 pounds. Mass-centralization is key in the engine design, enabling chassis engineers to position the engine closer to the center of gravity for optimal handling and maneuverability.
- Crankshaft: The inertia produced by the crankshaft is carefully calculated to deliver optimal traction and ride-ability from the powerful 450 cc plant. The crankshaft is specifically positioned to harness the rotating mass in the ideal center of gravity resulting in a lightweight and agile handling feel. A plain big end bearing comprising of two force-fitted bearing shells ensure maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 100 hours.
- Crankcase: The crankcases are designed to house the shaft arrangements and internals of the engine in the position that offers the best possible centre of gravity. Additionally, the position of the clutch shaft keeps the clutch above the oil level resulting in decreased friction and increased efficiency.
- Integrated cooling system: The radiators are expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems using high strength aluminium. CFD (computational fluid dynamics) is utilized to channel air through the radiators more efficiently and provide optimal cooling in all conditions. The cooling system is integrated into the frame increasing heat dissipation by channelling coolant through the frame while eliminating the need for additional hoses. Additionally, the radiator protectors do not only protect against flying debris but also act as a brace divert any energy from an impact around the radiator and into the frame.
- Chromoly steel frame: The hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems is specifically designed with calculated parameters of longitudinal and torsional flex. Aluminum engine mountings benefit suspension functionality and feeling while retaining a light, compact and strong package. The frame is finished off with a premium white powder coating and standard frame protectors guaranteeing supreme protection and durability.
- Composite carbon fibre subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna showcasing pioneering technologies and innovation. This 3 piece component is made up of 30 % carbon fiber making it remarkably light (1.4 kg) and also particularly strong. Specific care is taken to create a certain rigidity for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The reliable, high quality, German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- Magura braking system: New for MY18 is a Magura front and rear braking system. The system features a similar layout to the previous design with improved sensitivity for a more modulated feel while still retaining the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.
- WP AER 48: The 48 mm split air fork features an insulated air spring and pressurized oil chamber for progressive and consistent damping. The component is lightweight and easily adjustable via a single air pressure valve for pre-load (on the left leg) as well as easy access clickers adjusting damping with 30 clicks (on the right leg). Additionally, the air pump needed to adjust air pressure in the fork will be provided as standard.
- WP rear shock: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while conforming to a compact and lightweight design. With a pressure balance inside the shock, damping is improved resulting in greater rider comfort and handling while the outer contour of the reservoir increases cooling. The component is also fully adjustable and matched to a linkage system with a specific geometry to deliver the best possible traction and progression with a rear wheel travel of 300 mm.
- CNC machined triple clamps: The 22 mm offset black-anodized CNC machined triple clamps feature an integrated rubber damping system that reduces vibration and increases rider comfort. The triple clamps are expertly crafted using superior techniques and materials to provide premium quality and reliability. A 3-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customizable ergonomics.
- Traction control: Optimised for easy operation, apart from changing between 2 different engine maps, the map switch also activates launch control and traction control. Traction control can be selected to an on or off position from the switch and functions by analyzing throttle input from the rider and the rate at which RPM increases in the engine. If the RPM increases too quickly, the EMS will register a loss of grip and reduce the amount of power to the rear wheel ensuring maximum traction. This can be a distinct advantage in wet or muddy conditions.
- 44 mm throttle body: The FX 450 features the same 44 mm Keihin throttle body found on the FC 450. The injector is positioned to ensure the most efficient flow into the combustion chamber while to ensure optimal throttle response the throttle cable is mounted directly without a throttle linkage providing more immediate throttle response and feeling.
- EMS: The Keihin EMS is specifically designed to be smaller, lighter and faster at processing data. It integrates launch control for perfect starts, selectable engine maps via the switch on the handlebar as well as traction control. Combined with the new gear sensor, power delivery is tailored for each gear.
- Launch control: Launch control is easily engaged from the handlebar map switch. This function limits the amount of power to the rear wheel, improving traction and preventing loss of control under hard acceleration at the start line.
- Electric starter: Along with the benefit of easy starting the electric starting system is combined with a compact Li-Ion battery which is 2.2 pounds lighter than a conventional battery. The wiring harness has been purposefully designed so that the rear subframe can be removed without having to remove any wiring.
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production models and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice.
**Clearance price listed is for cash or standard financing only (promotional financing pricing may differ due to OEM rebates), on approved credit. Read and understand owner’s manual and all product warning prior to using any motor vehicle. The State of California requires a valid M1 driver’s license for operation of all on-road motorcycles and scooters. A liability insurance policy is legally required for all street legal vehicles operated on public roadways. The State of California requires a helmet be worn when operating motorcycles and scooters on the street. Malcolm Smith Motorsports recommends a helmet be worn at all times when operating (or riding as passenger on/in) any motor vehicle sold by Malcolm Smith Motorsports. Malcolm Smith Motorsports recommends all riders take a motorcycle, ATV or appropriate vehicle certified safety course. Literature is available upon request.
***Prop 65 Warning: Operating, servicing and maintaining a motorcycle or off-highway motor vehicle can expose you to chemicals including engine exhaust, carbon monoxide, phthalates and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. To minimize exposure, avoid breathing exhaust, do not idle the engine except as necessary, service your vehicle in a well ventilated area and wear gloves or wash your hands frequently when servicing your vehicle. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov/passenger-vehicle